My Health Technology for Seniors : Take Charge of Your Health Through Technology
A 2017 National Health Information Award "Best in Show" Winner
My Health Technology for Seniors is the first easy guide to today's revolutionary health technologies. Learn to use your computer, smartphone, and other devices to manage your health and get help when you need it. Whether it's sleep, exercise, diet, heart health, diabetes, or asthma, this book shows you how to stay healthier, happier, and in charge of your life.
With step-by-step instructions, full-color screen shots, and an easy-to-read design, this shows you how to:
- Succeed at eating right and staying fit with help from new technologies that are fun and easy
- Sleep better and manage stress more effectively
- Manage chronic conditions and save money on medications and costly medical procedures
- Transform your smartphone into a powerful glucose monitor, blood pressure monitor, and medication usage tracker for asthma and COPD management
- Track, protect, and improve your heart health
- Use in-home technology to stay safer and prepare for emergencies
- Get valuable advice and support from online communities
- Choose online health resources you can trust
- And much more
This book is the recipient of a 2017 National Mature Media Award. These awards recognize the nation's finest marketing, communications, educational materials, and programs designed and produced for older adults.