Cats and Kittens (100 Facts)
|Author:||Steve Parker; Miles Kelly|
|Series:||100 Facts on Ser.|
100 Facts Cats and Kittens is a fun cat book for kids aged 6-10 years, bursting with exactly 100 awesome facts, mind-blowing images and fun activities to help children learn everything they need to know about our feline friends.
- Looks at different breeds and how to care for your pet.
- Fun facts throughout to help your child's recall skills.
- Numbered facts give your child a way to track their learning, creating a sense of achievement.
Synopsis - Product details
100 Facts Cats and Kittens covers key topics about cats for kids in interesting numbered facts. Information is accompanied by amazing illustrations and photographs that put unbelievable facts into context for young learners.
Topics covered in 100 Facts Cats and Kittens:
- The typical traits of wild and domesticated species of cat
- Stages of growing up from a kitten to a cat
- What is the best way to care for a cat and why
'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- Most mother cats have 4-6 kittens in a litter, but sometimes there can be as many as 12
- On its first birthday a cat is about 16 years old in human years and on its third birthday, its 28 years old in human years
- A tortoiseshell cat (with ginger, black and cream fur) is almost certain to be female.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive:
- Quiz question: When is it thought that people first kept cats as pets?
- Make a sabre-toothed cat mask using cardboard, paints, elastic and scissors
- Design a new breed of cat. Think about what colours and markings it will have on its fur